The best in Fayetteville Gastroenterology can be found here at The Cape Fear Center(not CFV hospital) For Digestive Diseases, which was established in July 1989 by 5 physicians whose mission is to provide the best care for any of your digestive problems. Their staff shares their patient-foucsed intensity, from the front desk to administration to the liason that helps decode your insurance coverage for you. In 2009 they opened a state-of-the-art Endoscopy Center for performing outpatient endoscopic procedures. You can call htem directly at 323-2477.
Here is a short bio of each of the physicians beginning with
Dr. Bryan D. Uslick, M.D.
Dr. Uslick attended Duke University Medical Center for his Internal Medicine residency and remained at Duke University Medical Center for his gastroenterology fellowship. Dr. Uslick has special interests in:
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Peptic ulcer disease,
- Viral and autoimmune hepatitis,
- Colon cancer screening,
- Diagnostic and therapeutic upper and lower endoscopy.
Dr. Sanjeev Slehria, M.D.
Dr. Slehria is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. He is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology. He is trained in all aspects of gastroenterology and hepatology. His special skills and interests include:
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Liver, and pancreatobiliary pathology
- Upper gastrointestinal diseases
- Including Barrett’s esophagus
- Esophageal cancer and gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy including diagnostic and therapeutic upper endoscopy,colonoscopy, and ERCP.
Dr. Christian Y. Chung, M.D., FACG
Dr. Chung is a fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology and an active member of the North Carolina Medical Society and American Gastroenterological Association.
Dr. Chung's skills and interests include:
- All areas of gastrointestinal endoscopy including upper endoscopy; colonoscopy; small bowel video capsule endoscopy; ERCP. Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) for treatment of esophageal cancers and Barrett's Esophagus.
- Flexible Endoscopic Swallowing Study
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Swallowing disorders
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Helicobacter Pylori infection
- Celiac Sprue
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Colorectal cancer screening.
Dr. Rakesh Gupta, M.D., FACG
Dr. Gupta is a fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology and a member of the American Gastroenterological Association.He joined CFCDD in November 1990.
His major interests an skills include:
- Diagnosis and management of various gastrointestinal disorders including liver and pancreatic disease.
- Peptic ulcer
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Altered bowel habits
- Lower intestinal bleeding
- Colon polyps or cancer
- Dietary education
- Colonoscopy for routine colon cancer screening and therapeutic intervention